Design and develop software applications (apps) for mobile phones, Smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices – Specifically iOS and Android. Manage full software development life cycle including testing, implementation, and auditing. Perform product design, bug verification, and beta support which may require research and analysis. Career-Level position within the field. Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. Conducts complex work important to the organization. Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six to nine years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
The Digital Innovation Mobile Contractor will partner with the eCommerce Digital Innovation team and IT to develop, program, and test various “proof of concept” projects. In the evolving Digital eCommerce space, new technologies appear in the market at a frequent pace. This changing landscape requires a versatile team that is in touch with the market, passion for new technology, while at the same time able to understand the needs of our customers and how emerging technology can improve the customer experience.
• Solid 7+ years of experience in Native iOS development
• Partner with the eCommerce team and IT to prepare and program various “proof of concepts” for testing
• Understand back-end system/services to access when building out fronts for testing
• Ability to creatively architect and design programs to meet the goals and requirements of various projects
• Excellent with Objective-C and Swift, and Cocoa Touch
BLE, iBeacons, Location SDK and other location-based technologies
• Excellent with IOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animations.
• Experience with Apple Pay, Apple Push Notifications are a positive plus
• Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
• Proficient with RESTful API’s to connect iOS applications to back-end services
• Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments a plus
• Familiarity with continuous integration
2. Test and Iterate
• Partner with the eCommerce Innovation and IT teams to test and iterate on developed software and programs
• Ability to quickly adapt to changes and learning from field testing
• Quickly integrate and update projects
• Prepare projects for hand-off and deployments as “proof concepts” move to production